- Work for an Australian company using next-generation technology.
- Opportunity to work with like minded technical professionals.
- Outstanding opportunity for career growth.
About Vault Cloud
Vault Cloud is a rapidly growing Australian company that is dedicated to providing highly secure cloud services to the Australian Government and its partners. Founded in 2012, Vault is an Australian ASD certified cloud service provider to government agencies and Enterprise. Vault was the first cloud to be certified by the Australian Signals Directorate for classified systems and delivers a secure hyperscale technology platform driving agile digital transformation within organisations.
Bringing together scalable, flexible, open standards cloud with the highest level of security, privacy, governance, physical sovereignty and legal sovereignty, Vault accelerates critical systems to exceed stakeholder expectations and outcomes. Vault’s cloud platform natively embeds security controls to meet the highest security requirements while providing extensive scalability, flexibility and remaining cost effective.
With an increasing number of government and critical infrastructures moving their workloads to the cloud, we are in need of an excellent operational leadership talent to continue to provide our customers with exceptional experience. Whilst the role is an Assistant Lead role, you will enjoy the hands-on technical aspects of this opportunity. Your primary role will be providing ongoing support to the Operations Manager and ensuring that our customers have all the assistance they need to navigate the challenges associated with OpenStack cloud computing.
You will drive technical discussions with internal stakeholders and customers regarding best practices, incident management, negotiate trade-offs and risk management. You are able to think strategically in line with the organisation’s goals, navigating product and technical challenges as you help your stakeholders maximise productivity. Your work will span the breath of the business from our customer organisations through to the Vault Cloud Operations team to coordinate operational efforts.
You will also be providing management support to our Operations team across two locations in Australia. You will have a passion for technology and interest in coaching, building trust whilst growing a successful team.
What you will do
- Delivering agreed maximum availability of cloud services in an OpenStack/Open source software environment
- Key contributor in driving the technical direction of the Operations team including defining strategic goals, tracking progress and ensuring that the team remains unblocked and focused
- Act as the technical go to person for the Operations team members
- Drive initiatives on improvements to existing tools and processes
- Align existing and create new processes in order to scale with the expansion of Vault Cloud’s services and customer base
- Work with customer technical stakeholders on key issues
- Manage day to day interaction with our customers based on service level agreements and escalate where necessary
- Act as a technical liaison to evaluate and report bugs
- Diagnose & troubleshoot user-facing service incidents & outages
- Monitor Vault’s environment to ensure 24 x 7 availability
- Assist in ensuring tight change control and accountability
- Oversee the integration of the SOC, NOC and help desk tools and reporting
- Crisis management and communication (internal and external)
- Work with the Operations Manager to grow and foster a capable and talented team
What you require
Professional / Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Strong technical background and working knowledge of networking protocols (HTTP, DNS and TCP/IP) and cloud service offerings
- Hands on experience and good understanding of Linux, Networking Technologies & System Administration
- Strong people management experience of 3+ years with a track record of success on leading technical teams to achieve excellence
- Proven ability to measure and drive operational excellence
- Ability to understand the risks of highly complex systems with multiple networked devices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, which will be key in driving customer and internal communications
- A strong outcome focus and capability to exercise sound judgement in the handling of complex issues and competing priorities
- A good understanding of Service Delivery (ITIL)
- Strong Agile project management skills
- Inspire others through action by creating a spirit of collaboration
- Ability to develop and encourage positive working relationships within a team
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to think strategically and problem solve.
- Excellent customer experience skills.
- Strong ability to influence others and collaborate in a team based environment.
Key Working Relationships:
- You will work collaboratively with the Operations team and the wider Vault Cloud team.
- Vault Cloud customers and partners.
- Government representatives.
How To Apply:
If you are looking for an opportunity to play a vital role in a fast-growing Australian company, please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking Apply or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org