- We hire great people and give them the freedom to be awesome.
- Incredible earning potential for the true sales hunter.
- A workplace of endless possibilities and a ‘reach for the clouds’ thought process.
Vault is one of the first cloud service providers globally to be certified by ASD at a ‘protected’ level. Vault is rapidly growing and is dedicated to providing sovereign, agile and hyper-scale cloud services to the Government and its partners.
As part of the Vault Business Development team, you will be responsible for the identification of future opportunities, positioning the business to capture those opportunities and drive business unit growth and expansion within QLD (Brisbane), with a particular focus on Government. The overall objectives of this role are summarised below:
- Acting as the first point of contact into new and established markets
- Sourcing and developing relationships with new and existing clients
- Fostering relationships with key industry partners i.e. Independent Software Vendors, Systems Integrators and Managed Service Providers
- Making key decisions in order to develop business opportunities
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
The duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgement. Below you will find a list of the key duties and responsibilities:
- Actively identify opportunities for growth for Vault
- Accountable for sales quota within assigned region and territory
- Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan
- Identify and validate opportunities across different channels and/or industry verticals; prioritize ideas by evaluating product-market fit, the competitive landscape, potential business models and path to scale
- Lead executive-level discussions with partners and prospects to mutually define the winning partnership model
- Assessing potential partners, performing competitive research and evaluating proposed deals/partnerships
- Negotiating complex multi-party deals and contracts
- Identify and assist in establishing commercial arrangements with potential distributors and partners
- Conducting presentations for clients at senior levels
- Managing the preparation of complex sales proposals, tenders, contracts and account plans
- Identifying opportunities for business improvement and strategic new business opportunities
- Managing multiple strategic initiatives simultaneously, interacting with a wide range of stakeholders, partners, clients and prospective clients.
Skills and Experience
Below is a list of the experience, skills and qualifications that will be required for you to be successful in this role:
- A well-documented and successful sales career having generated results from a subject matter specialist or business development roles
- Experience selling new services into new markets is strongly desired
- Experience in business development, channel and partner development, partner management
- Ability to manage clients at senior levels
- Proven experience in selling to various sectors
- Outstanding negotiation and communication skills and persuasive ability
- Experience developing, implementing and managing large solution and service sales
- Expert solution and industry knowledge coupled with the ability to deal with clients at all levels and translate client needs into a complete solution.
- Creativity, ability to think laterally.
- Formal tertiary qualifications in an appropriate discipline
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking are critical as you define new partnerships
- High level of attention to detail and exceptional organisational skills
- A process-driven, solution-focused personality and high-performance standards
- The ability to communicate with and influence all levels of stakeholders
- A demonstrated track record of meeting critical sales milestones
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation
- Provides systematic and dependable follow up
- Hard working and passionate about career and making a difference.