We are looking for Open Source enthusiasts to help us build and maintain our growing OpenStack cloud.
- Work in an environment that runs 90% on open source software
- Get your hands on the latest hardware – 100Gbit/s networking, NVMe storage, GPUs …
- Show us your skills and learn the latest on large-scale data centre networks
About Vault Cloud
Vault is one of the first cloud service providers globally to be certified by ASD at a ‘protected’ level. Vault is rapidly growing and is dedicated to providing sovereign, agile and hyper-scale cloud services to the Government and its partners.
The purpose of this position is to play a hands-on role to ensure a smooth and continuous cloud operation at high performance and availability on an OpenStack platform.
A successful OpenStack Cloud Engineer needs to be innovative, detail-oriented, team-oriented, self-directed and adaptable to changing business requirements.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
The duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgement. Below you will find a list of some of the key duties and responsibilities:
- Evaluate service level issues and suggested enhancements escalated by support to diagnose and address underlying system problems and inefficiencies.
- Review and influence new and evolving design, architecture, standards, and methods for operating services and systems.
- Respond to and resolve emergent service problems; build tools and introduce automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Participate in software and system performance analysis and tuning, service capacity planning and demand forecasting.
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in infrastructure operations via automation – for example, automated server build processes.
- Development of new processes and involvement in project work.
- Report incidents to the security team.
Skills and Experience
Below is a list of the required experience, skills and qualifications that will allow you to be successful in this role.
- Exposure to running OpenStack in production
- Working knowledge of Linux and KVM/QEMU (administration, networking, troubleshooting). Ubuntu/Debian experience is a plus.
- Experience in scripting and software development (Python, Bash).
- An understanding of the inner workings of the Ceph and Swift storage platforms.
- Ability to build and use virtual environments (e.g. using Vagrant) via CI and use them to automate tests for code changes and deployments. We test OpenStack on OpenStack.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or related degree and experience).
- Automation with Ansible.
- Docker deployment.
- Windows administration, Powershell.
- System monitoring using Fluentd, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Prometheus, Cacti, Grafana, Nagios, Ceilometer, Ganglia.
- MySQL administration.
- Fortinet FortiOS, CoreOS, Brocade NOS, Cumulus Linux.
Other skills include:
- Ability to learn quickly and think ahead.
- Tackle problems with persistence and endurance until the correct solution is found.
- Ability to drill down on a problem yourself and solve bigger issues in a team.
- Data Centre work experience (DC work is only occasionally required).
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to think strategically and execute quality output.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Hard working and passionate about career and making a difference.
How To Apply
If you are looking for an opportunity to add value to a fast-growing Australian company, please submit your resume along with your cover letter (no more than two pages) to email@example.com