We are seeking applicants who possess good technical knowledge of Cloud services and an understanding of Cloud technologies!
- Work for an Australian company using next-generation technology.
- Opportunity to work with within a flexible rotating roster.
- Outstanding opportunity for career growth.
About Vault Cloud
Vault is one of the first cloud service providers globally to be certified by ASD at a ‘protected’ level. Vault is rapidly growing and is dedicated to providing sovereign, agile and hyper-scale cloud services to the Government and its partners.
Play an integral role in building Vault’s next-generation cloud architecture and run OpenStack on the latest hardware to take on the major players in the market. You will be ensuring a smooth and continuous cloud operation at high performance and availability. No proprietary solutions – we run almost exclusively on open source software.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
The duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgement. Below you will find a list of the key duties and responsibilities:
- Review cloud performance and make the Cloud Developer team aware of shortcomings that should be resolved in future releases.
- Perform continuous monitoring of the cloud and develop, test and deploy fixes for issues observed and reported.
- Last level support, consulting and architectural automatization of all platform related processes for our internal and external cloud customers.
- Development of new processes and involvement in project work.
- Report incidents to the security team.
- Perform scheduled and emergency work during and outside office hours.
- Participate in the on-call roster.
Skills and Experience
Below is a list of the required experience, skills and qualifications that will allow you to be successful in this role.
- In-depth experience running OpenStack in production
- Detailed knowledge of Linux and KVM/QEMU (administration, networking, troubleshooting). Ubuntu/Debian experience is a plus.
- Experience in scripting and software development (Python, Bash).
- Knowledge about the inner workings of the Ceph and Swift storage platforms
- Ability to build and use virtual environments (e.g. using Vagrant) via CI and use them to automate tests for code changes and deployments. We test OpenStack on OpenStack.
- Deep understanding of IP networking and protocols
- Experience in use of open source tools and systems; comfortable with open source community and collaborative merit-based work where all ideas are heard and the best ones are implemented.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or related degree and experience).
- Automation with Ansible
- Docker deployment
- Windows administration, Powershell
- System monitoring using Fluentd, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Prometheus, Cacti, Grafana, Nagios, Ceilometer, Ganglia
- MySQL administration
- Fortinet FortiOS, CoreOS, Brocade NOS, Cumulus Linux
Other skills include:
- Ability to learn quickly and think ahead.
- Tackle problems with persistence and endurance until the correct solution is found.
- Ability to drill down on a problem yourself and solve bigger issues in a team.
- Data Centre work experience (DC work is only occasionally required).
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to think strategically and execute quality output.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Hard working and passionate about career and making a difference.
Due to the nature of our business, it is essential that you are an Australian citizen and will possess or be willing to go through the process to obtain a security clearance.