We are seeking applicants who possess good technical knowledge of Cloud services and an understanding of Cloud technologies!
- We hire great people and give them the opportunity to contribute to the business.
- Outstanding opportunity for career growth.
- A workplace of endless possibilities and a ‘reach for the clouds’ thought process.
About Vault Cloud
Vault Cloud is a rapidly growing Australian company that is dedicated to providing highly secure cloud services to the Australian Government and its partners.
The OpenStack Cloud Developer is responsible for playing an integral role in building Vault’s next-generation cloud architecture and optimise OpenStack to run on the latest hardware and take on the major players in the market. No proprietary solutions – we run almost exclusively on open-source software.
A successful OpenStack Cloud Developer needs to be innovative, detail-oriented, team-oriented, self-directed and adaptable to changing business requirements. In addition to translating requirements into designs, you will be driven to produce results.
What You Will Do:
The duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgement. Below you will find a list of some of the key duties and responsibilities:
- Develop new features for the Vault Cloud, extending and maintaining OpenStack and associated services for stability and performance.
- Research and implement technical approaches that address key business requirements.
- Make transition plans for the smooth deployment into production
- Improve operational reliability, security, scalability and performance.
- Develop efficient and effective automated deployment and feature tests.
- Drive design, development, and implementation of our software and services by employing and improving the best of open source applications.
- Ensure exceptional quality and performance of components developed.
- Connect business requirements with technical solutions.
- Escalate issues to management as appropriate.
What You Need:
Below is a list of the required experience, skills and qualifications that will allow you to be successful in this role.
- Detailed knowledge of Linux and KVM/QEMU (administration, networking, troubleshooting). Ubuntu/Debian experience is a plus.
- Experience in scripting and software development (Python, Bash).
- Ability to build virtual environments (e.g. using Vagrant) via CI and use them to automate tests for code changes and deployments. We test OpenStack on OpenStack.
- Good understanding of IP networking and protocols
- Experience in using open source tools and systems; comfortable with open source community and collaborative merit-based work where all ideas are heard and the best ones are implemented.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or related degree and experience).
- In-depth OpenStack experience that goes beyond deployment and operation, e.g. code contributions, custom solutions
- Knowledge about the inner workings of the Ceph and Swift storage platforms
- Automation with Ansible
- Docker containerization and deployment
- Windows (Powershell, puppet, Cloudbase)
- System monitoring using Check MK, Fluentd, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Prometheus, Grafana, Nagios
- MySQL administration, including performance tuning and clustering
- Fortinet FortiOS, CoreOS (Container Linux), Cumulus Linux
- OpenStack Heat or Terraform templating
Other skills include:
- Ability to learn quickly and think ahead.
- Tackle problems with persistence and endurance until the correct solution is found.
- Ability to drill down on a problem yourself and solve bigger issues in a team
- Data Centre work experience (DC work is only occasionally required)
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to think strategically and execute quality output.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Hard working and passionate about career and making a difference.
- Willingness to contribute back to the Open Source community
How To Apply
If you are looking for an opportunity to add value to a fast-growing Australian company, please submit your resume along with your cover letter (no more than two pages) to email@example.com.