We are seeking a Cloud Solutions Architect who is technically strong and excited about the opportunity to have some face time with our clients!
- Be part of an experienced, highly talented and outcome focused team.
- Key position in a growing company.
- Join an Australian company using next-generation technology.
Vault is one of the first cloud service providers globally to be certified by ASD at a ‘protected’ level. Vault is rapidly growing and is dedicated to providing sovereign, agile and hyper-scale cloud services to the Government and its partners.
The Cloud Solutions Architect is responsible for providing specific solutions/technology/product consulting, technical and sales support to Vault Systems customers and partners.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
The duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgement. Below you will find a list of some of the key duties and responsibilities:
- Elicit customer requirements and demonstrate credibility and technical leadership across a range of technologies.
- Design leading network, storage and cloud solutions to meet the customer’s business requirements.
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of complementary products relating to data centre security, network optimisation and general network technologies.
- Produce technical proposal documentation to articulate the business and technical benefits of the solutions being proposed.
- Produce accurate bills of materials to support the technical designs including hardware, software and licensing.
- Engage in vendor POC to validate solutions for our customers
- Participate in product/service feedback to improve offerings
- Work autonomously to deploy and prototype technical solutions
- Produce technical documentation
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in both a Linux and Windows environment
Skills and Experience
Below is a list of the required experience, skills and qualifications that will allow you to be successful in this role.
- Deep understanding of Cloud Computing Technologies, business drivers and emerging computing trends.
- Proven experience of interfacing with a range of people from executive to technical
- Able to drive a scoping session to reconcile technical requirements as they relate to Vault product offerings.
- Proficient understanding of virtualization infrastructure such as Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware, Xen, KVM.
- Deep technical knowledge in architecting, designing, and integrating new solutions in a large scale enterprise of highly distributed applications (i.e., having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc).
- Working knowledge of tools such as Chef and Puppet should have knowledge of Infrastructure as a Code.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or related degree and experience).
- Familiar with a variety of private, hybrid or public cloud technologies Such as VMware vCloud Air, AWS, RackSpace, OpenStack, Cloud Stack etc.
- Demonstrated experience with moving production workload from On-Premises DataCenter to cloud infrastructure.
Other skills include:
- Impactful written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Knowledge a typical subscription based on the sales cycle.
- Ability to learn quickly and think ahead.
- Excellent consultative skills, tenacity and resilience
- Adept at using initiative discretion and judgement to apply technical solutions to complex sales opportunities.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Resourceful, strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently and cope with pressure.
Due to the nature of our business, it is essential that you are an Australian citizen and will possess or be willing to go through the process to obtain a security clearance.