We are currently seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our expanding team. This role will continuously drive scalability, automation, innovation and be an enabler for our business.
- Show us your skills and acquire new ones
- 3 Month Contract Role
- Your contributions and decisions have a direct impact on customers and the future of Vault
About Vault Cloud
Vault is one of the first cloud service providers globally to be certified by ASD at a PROTECTED level. Vault is rapidly growing and is dedicated to providing sovereign, agile and hyper-scale cloud services to the Government and its partners.
The Dev Ops Engineer is responsible for utilising best practice methodologies to increase and optimise continuous integration, deployment and delivery enhancing software quality and decreasing release cycles.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing guidance on the technical feasibility and scope of engineering/rearchitecting needed to solve problems and deliver features.
- Responsible for the automation of repetitive tasks required to maintain a secure an up to date operational environment.
- Be an enabler for operational engineers, working closely with the teams to build and integrate modern tools, best practices and techniques into our environment.
- Contribute to the securing of infrastructure so that the data and operations of the organisation are protected from harm, both malicious and inadvertent.
- Lead containerization cloud agnostic techniques to maintain the developer momentum.
- Collaborate with Chief Customer Experience Officer to ensure that software is delivered of the highest standards recommend the right technology stack to meet business goals.
- Promote and drive the adoption of enterprise-wide DevOps standards, guidelines and best practices.
- Provide and share a broad knowledge of technologies and architectures and function as a DevOps mentor for the business.
- Create optimal CI/CD environments and methodologies for the assigned product vertical teams.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of technologies and stay abreast of current industry trends and emerging technologies.
Technical/Professional Expertise & Qualifications
These are the qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position.
- Experience working with software projects/products.
- Experience working on large-scale enterprise products.
- Experience with Agile Methodologies such as Kanban, Scrum, and XP.
- Deep practical knowledge of the application of Agile principles and practices.
- Proven experience in technical leadership and mentorship experience within an Agile DevOps culture.
- Significant experience in either Software Engineering, System Administration or both combined
- Ability to code and script in different languages with solid skills in UNIX/Linux Administration.
- Demonstrated expertise around public cloud offerings (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or any other public cloud) infrastructure as code, containerisation, and microservices
- Broad understanding of tools and technologies such as Source Control, Continuous Integration, Infrastructure Automation, Deployment Automation and Orchestration, Container Concepts, Orchestration, and Cloud.
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think conceptually and act in an innovative and strategic manner within Agile frameworks.
- Excellent skills in solving complex system problems with the capability to help increase velocity for software team when building new and updating existing services to scale.
- Working in a high-pressure complex environment with the ability to change focus on short notice and work within tight deadlines.
- Ability to accept responsibilities and accountabilities and be focused on delivering outcomes to meet the wider team objectives.