- Work for an Australian company using next-generation technology.
- Opportunity to work with like minded technical professionals.
- Outstanding opportunity for career growth.
About Vault Cloud
Vault Cloud is a rapidly growing Australian company that is dedicated to providing highly secure cloud services to the Australian Government and its partners.
The purpose of this role is to manage the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
What you will do
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Integration of data storage solutions – may include databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organisation and automatisation
- You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application.
What you require
Professional / Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Resque
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Liquid, Slim, etc depending on your technology stack
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Experience architecting product solutions
- Experience in Docker / Kubernetes
- Bash/Shell scripting
- Python, PHP / SQL
- CI/CD Pipelines
- React JS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills.
- High level of attention to detail and exceptional organisation skills.
- A process-driven personality and high performance standards.
- The ability to communicate with and influence all levels of stakeholders.
- A demonstrated track record of meeting critical task milestones.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Provides systematic and dependable follow up.
- Hard working and passionate about career and making a difference.
Key Working Relationships:
- You will work collaboratively with the Digital Marketing Manager , Project Manager, Operations team, Business Support team and the wider Vault Cloud team.
How To Apply:
If you are looking for an opportunity to play a vital role in a fast-growing Australian company, please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking Apply or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org