This is an exciting opportunity driven Scrum Master to join our fast-paced environment.
- Be a key player in delivering greater efficiency to the business.
- Hybrid role with the ability to maneuver as required.
- Be part of an Australian business which embraces change and challenges the status quo.
About Vault Cloud
Vault is one of the first cloud service providers globally to be certified by ASD at a ‘protected’ level. Vault is rapidly growing and is dedicated to providing sovereign, agile and hyper-scale cloud services to the Government and its partners.
The purpose of the Scrum Master is to be the central point of delivery in the Scrum/Kanban project process. This role is responsible for the organisation and facilitation of the fortnightly scrums, planning, tracking of sprints within the business.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
This role is varied, but your primary duties and responsibilities will be:
- Work closely with the leadership team to ensure initiatives as part of business plan get delivered to committed release using Scrum/Kanban principles.
- As an advocate for Jira, ensure all team members use the tool and keep updated with progress to manage their everyday routine.
- Facilitate the fortnightly sprint, including but not limited to backlog grooming, estimation sessions, sprint planning, a retrospective with each department and team.
- Track sprints progress and coordinate releases (usually release is over 4 sprints).
- Coordinate and manage each department’s sprint and ensure there is are alignment to objectives and Company priorities.
- Balance priority conflicts between key project deliverables with new regulatory and business requirements, technical maintenance and technical issue resolution.
- Facilitate team knowledge management.
- Managing project documentation in Jira and Confluence.
- Mentor the team on becoming self-managing and self-organising.
- Removing impediments by facilitating the right solution to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
Skills and Experience
Below is a list of the experience, skills and qualifications that will be required for you to be successful in this role.
- Strong knowledge of Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, XP and pair programming.
- Advance knowledge in Jira and Confluence.
- Experience in a similar IT environment.
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for a team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach.
Other skills include:
- Ability to learn quickly and think ahead.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- A collaborative but action-oriented approach, with high comfort operating autonomously.
- Provides systematic and dependable follow up.
- Hard working and passionate about career and making a difference.