A fantastic opportunity to work closely with the CEO to provide strategic support for business initiatives.
Why Join Us?
- Seeking an outcome focused and resilient professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Work closely with the CEO and our high profile Board.
- Take ownership of business initiatives and provide valuable contributions to strategic objectives.
- A company passionate about data security and data sovereignty.
Vault is one of the first cloud service providers globally to be certified by ASD at a ‘protected’ level. Vault is rapidly growing and is dedicated to providing sovereign, agile and hyper-scale cloud services to the Government and its partners.
The purpose of the Senior Advisor position is principally a key adviser to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The role provides strategic support and advice to the CEO including preparation and coordination of briefing material, managing critical tasks and individual projects, identifying business opportunities and monitoring progress on key business activities. The Senior Advisor will be required to co-ordinate and undertake a range of often complex, technical or sensitive strategic and operational activities involving strategy development, research, analysis, stakeholder management and communication.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
Work with the team to provide administrative support to their activities, including:
- Manage critical tasks within the business, interpreting the CEO’s needs, anticipating priorities and ensuring clear communication and information flow to meet agency objectives.
- Forward planning for the CEO, including setting meetings with key stakeholders, setting work schedules, identifying opportunities and monitoring progress with action items.
- Provide strategic support and guidance to the CEO, including preparation or coordination of meeting briefs, reports, submissions, media interviews and other correspondence, whilst also ensuring that the CEO is briefed on topical/significant issues.
- Draft key documents such as CEO Updates, CEO All Staff messages, correspondence, speaking notes for major events etc.
- Co-ordinate and contribute to Executive leadership meetings, identifying strategic issues for consideration.
- Meet with leadership and external executives to monitor progress on key initiatives
- Secretariat functions (ie managing Board processes, taking minutes etc).
- Managing critical tasks, interpreting the CEO’s needs, anticipating priorities.
- Acting as a point of contact between staff, Board, external stakeholders/clients and senior management.
- Forward planning for the CEO, including setting meetings with key stakeholders, identifying opportunities and monitoring progress on key tasks.
- Providing strategic support and guidance, including responding to government requests for feedback, preparation of reports, coordination of meeting briefs, drafting of correspondence, awards submissions, speeches etc.
- Coordination across departments where required.
- Managing special projects that fall outside the remit of any department.
Skills and Experience
Below is a list of the experience, skills and qualifications that will be required for you to be successful in this role.
- High-level communication and interpersonal skills, and initiative.
- Strong outcomes focus and capability to exercise sound judgement in the handling of complex issues and competing priorities.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or work experience in any of the areas are highly desirable: economics, law, policy, intelligence, law enforcement, financial management, business administration and/or related disciplines.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Accurate documentation skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks and deadlines with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced office environment.
Other skills include:
- Ability to learn quickly and think ahead.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Collaborative but action-oriented approach, with high comfort operating autonomously.
- Provides systematic and dependable follow up.
- Hard working and passionate about career and making a difference.
How To Apply
If you are looking for an opportunity to add value to a fast-growing Australian company, please submit your resume along with your cover letter (no more than two pages) to email@example.com.